Monday, October 31, 2011

Oral Presentation


Oral presentations are an integral part of any professional's life. I am glad to have been given an option of being a part of one in this module.

Reflecting upon my oral presentation, I really enjoyed working with my team. Midst all the joking, laughing, fooling around, I have learnt a lot through this oral project. Ranging from planning, making Gantt charts, surveying, interviewing, making email correspondence to working with ethnically different team mates, brainstorming, accepting and rejecting ideas with due respect and making decisions.

On self-analysing my oral presentation, in my opinion my preparation was fair. I knew my subject well and in coherent depth. The slides were crisp, precise and to the point with sufficient information on them - enough to explain the point. There was good flow from one team member to another in my opinion. The delivery of the presentation was clear and concise with good explanation for most of the parts. The pictorial depiction of the proposed idea was a good concept as pictures assert more than words. The talk did not entirely depend on the presentation but the presentation complimented the talk. Also the summarizing was convincing and the concluded the presentation rightly. Eye contact was effective throughout, though in some places it could have been better. Use of words was apt and language was easy to grasp. The question and answer round was challenging, but I tried my best to answer as much as possible extrapolating from the survey results and interview questions.

The things I could improve upon includes better use of words, not repeating same sentences in different forms, better presence of mind especially in the question and answer session. Also, in my opinion I should practice a little more to bring more fluency in my speech while giving the presentation.



6 comments:

  1. Hi Megha,

    Congratulations on finishing the oral presentation for your proposal and getting that much closer to completing this module.

    I would say that your oral presentation went quite well. You had a good position in front of the audience - showing that you were looking to engage them in your speech. Also, I would say that you had maintained effective eye contact throughout.

    Your slides too were well done. However, there was a sudden change in the content of your slides at a point in your presentation. I think that it was the slide titled 'Benefits'. Up until that point, all your slides had been very simple with little text, but that slide was full of closely spaced text and had a lot of details on it. So it was a some sort of a sudden speed bump when you had to spend a lot of time on that slide alone.

    Otherwise, it was a nicely done presentation !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very impressed by your presentation! You were relaxed, secure and engaged. You worked great with eye contact, as well as with facial expressions. You started to use more and more body expressions successively, and in the end it seemed like you really enjoyed the situation. You rocked a little bit back and forwards, but it was not anything that disturbed the overall impression.

    If I have to find anything negative it was that you turned around glancing at the screen a little bit to much. But really, you should be so happy with your performance. It was a joy watching and hearing your OP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELLLOOOOOO (:

    It was a job well done and it was very easy to listen to your presentation. You had great sustained eye contact. You kept bringing back your presentation to the context and offer new insights. You were really a chill pill though speaking in front of the crowd.

    Something to improve would be the Q&A session, I guess. Answers can be more coherent with the other speakers, or rather clearer. (Rami said about opening up the bars to other instituition. While later now, you clarified about having seperated areas for different groups of people.) Not targetting at you, but i thought of it all of a sudden (:

    vivien

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Megha,

    You displayed confidence throughout the presentation and articulated with great clarity. You had the audience's attention with your enthusiasm, maintained eye contact appropriately and it was a pleasant experience listening to your presentation.

    Not sure if others feel the same but during the Q&A session, there was a question which I felt that you jumped in to answer too quickly and interrupted the speaker before he could finish. Overall a fantastic presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see that you really enjoyed your presentation. Well, your enjoyment translates to the audience's pleasure too. I really enjoyed your presentation.

    Your speaking was lucid and easy to follow, with you projecting great enthusiasm and knowledge of the subject at hand. You answered questions really effectively and concisely with your examples. There was one problem I had; you made several assumptive statements while presenting, like when you said the best way to unwind is to sit down and have some alcohol and chit-chat. From my experience, I would definitely agree with you :) but I wouldn't say that that is the best way to unwind. Just my opinion.

    Anyway, it was really nice to hear you and your group present. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you guys for your positive feedback.

    I shall work upon the problem aspects. It has been a pleasure working with you guys. :)

    ReplyDelete